D’decor opens their flagship store in Mumbai. The home furnishings brand which retails via countless franchises in India has opened to cater directly to the modern customer. With personalised services they want create a new atmosphere for customers. Ernesto Bedmar, an international architect based out of Singapore has intricately added a European touch with a New York loft like surrounding, to the interiors of the store that has natural concrete flooring with wooden ceiling. Special diffused lighting and Barrisol walls add an urban and subtle edge to the store.
Ina Arora, Managing Director of D’Decor gives her tips and trends to re-invent your home décor for the upcoming year –
• Fabrics, furnishings and home décor accessories should be soft and delicate to provide warmth, add color and an aesthetic appeal.
• For walls, use classic hues such as whites, off whites and earthen neutral colors.
• Plains, weaves and textures are a great choice for the walls.
• Self-muted stripes can be incorporated in upholsteries and cushions.
• For furniture, plain textures and weaves are preferred.
• A dash of colour or a print can be added in whites, off whites and neutrals.
• Dry linen is a definite home décor fashion trend. Shades of silver grey are the trendy colors to play with.
• In designs, florals are more preferred against geometrics or abstracts.
• A dash of fur or animal print can be used to glamorize the entire look.
• Concepts like appliqué or swarovski are rich and opulent and are undoubtedly home décor essentials.
• The color, concept and design vary from country to country. In summer spring the collection is different, as compared to autumn/spring, where the colors and concepts will differ from lights to medium or dark range. Velvets and silks with deeper colors are rich and stunning to be used more for the winter.
Where: Notan Heights, Opposite Turner Road,
Bandra (West), Mumbai
Photographs courtesy D’Decor