21st May 2016 – An exciting whirlwind, Design Pataki got together with Godrej, U & Us to host an afternoon on co-creation in design and its impact. The U & Us stores have been designed around the concept of customization using co creation along with their clients. With that in mind, we created this wonderful afternoon for them –
A Panel Discussion on‘Celebrating Craftsmanship with the use of Technology’ moderated by me. An interesting panel of brilliant minds in the design and décor space, Krsnaa Mehta – Founder, India Circus, Rooshad Shroff – Architect and Furniture Designer, and Ronitaa Italia Dhanu – Editor of GoodHomes, debated the topic. Working with artisans and labour everyday, all of us understand the plight of this struggling community. It is a topic close to everyone’s hearts.
The U & Us Team conducted a lovely store walk through with design and lifestyle bloggers, who were attending the event. The U&US Design Studio from Godrej works on the unique concept of co creating with clients in designing the furniture and interiors solutions for their dream home. Today a client is tech savvy, living fast lifestyle and values the buying experiences like never before. Their customization and co-creation process is well designed and executed, from start to finish.
The Colour Visualizer had everyone impressed and playing around with it. It allows you to shortlist the various colors schemes of their home interior elements like wall color, laminate, fabric, wood polish & flooring with the help of hexagon shaped cubes, which are pre programmed with the corresponding material. So easy to use and gives you a fabulous experience of what your home will look like.
Want to know the top 5 ways to quickly redesign your room? We did a small styling workshop to help people transform their rooms quickly and easily. Here were our top 5 tips!
- Smell – Using diffusers, aromatic oils or candles, instantly make any space feel more welcoming. If it smells good, you feel good.
- Colour – Try sticking to the colour palette of a space. And use those colours to translate into everything, especially your soft furnishings.
- Style – Stick to a single style, if your home is contemporary, buy décor elements that suit that look.
- Green – Flowers or green even in the smallest amount is a must. The impact is large, just by placing one stem of a flower you can bring alive an entire room.
- Personalise – Every space in your home should have elements that are about you. That have your personality, it can be frames, prints, artefacts, or even mementos from an event.