Presenting The India Design Forum – Interview with Co founder, Aishwarya Pathy
- 5 Mar '13
- 4:00 am by Crew
The India Design Forum is a celebration of India’s distinctive design aesthetic and the ways in which it continues its conversation with the international design world. The India Design Forum (IDF) was founded by well known business woman, art collector and design aficionado Rajshree Pathy and her daughter Aishwarya Pathy in 2012. It is one of the most prominent and influential design platforms in India. The IDF is an interdisciplinary platform on design which promotes a dialog on the core issues impacting our society and how they can be tackled with good design examples and solutions. This year IDF is in Mumbai at NCPA, 15th & 16th, March 2013. So all those design lovers out there, brace yourself for a long and exciting week of design.
We caught up with the co-founder Aishwarya Pathy to give you an insight into her world.
India is a country rich in culture. The growth rate has been immense. With design evolving rapidly. How would you answer the following:
1. Design in India 5 years ago to you….
2. Design in India now for you….
3. Architect or designer you admire the most from the past….
4. Current architect or designer you admire the most….
5. Your go to for design information (magazine / website / books)……
Designboom, dezeen, domus, Liberatum, Monocle, Wallpaper
6. You get your daily news from….
International Herald Tribune
7. Indian Design Forum for you….
8. Bombay and not Delhi this time around because….
Bombay has a very different creative energy from Delhi. We’d like to give local designers
an opportunity to feel inclusive and showcase their work. Bombay is also home!
9. Whats next….
Several exciting satellite events leading up to IDF 2014!
10. Lastly Aishwarya Pathy is……
Co-Founder India Design Forum
Photos courtesy India Design Forum